DIG ONLINE: Warm Season Gardening — No Sweat!
February 21 @ 2:00 pm - 4:45 pm MST
Early spring in the low desert is the perfect time to plant tomatoes and a bevy of other delicious home-grown favorites. Learn about the vegetables, herbs and flowers that thrive in warming weather and how to grow them successfully in your own garden.
Learning Objectives –
- Healthy soil traits/preparing soil
- Deciding What to grow based on crop characteristics
- Benefits/disadvantages of container vs in-ground
- Correct watering and maximizing soil moisture
- Planting strategies
- Anticipating/managing problems
Speaker: Master Gardener Emily Heller
Emily Heller has been a Master Gardener since 2014, and a professional grower since 2016. As a former journalist, she has taken her skills of continual inquiry, learning and relying on well-founded information and qualified sources into her gardening and have made them a part of successful growing in the low desert. Emily has given several presentations on vegetable gardening and care in our low desert ecology.