- This event has passed.
2019 Arizona Rural Policy Forum
August 7 @ 8:00 am - August 9 @ 4:00 pm MST
The Local First Arizona Foundation (LFAF) and Arizona Rural Development Council (AZRDC) are excited for the opportunity to bring the 2019 conference to Apache County. Join us, along with over 300 rural leaders and stakeholders, for capacity-building sessions, receptions, hands-on workshops, and keynote presentations.
The Rural Policy Forum connects rural economic development professionals, nonprofits, community leaders, business owners, and other rural stakeholders who are interested in sustaining rural communities.
Our goal will be to hear strategies from national experts as well as learn about success stories from around Arizona that will give our rural leaders the tools, resources and relationships they need to face current challenges.
The event will provide an opportunity for skill-building, networking, building relationships and educating each other about the needs and services in rural Arizona. Activities include capacity-building sessions, receptions, workshops, and keynote presentations all of which culminate with the Grant maker Roundtables. Here, grant makers host tables where rural nonprofits have the opportunity to describe their organization’s mission and present a project for the host to consider for potential future funding.
Goals and Outcomes
- Increase the community capacity of rural towns
- Improve regional collaboration between nonprofits and public entities such as businesses
- Build relationships and facilitate networking between rural stakeholders
- Grow rural advocates
- Develop new strategies for building resilient communities
Schedule of Events:
- August 7: we begin with an *optional* (yet fascinating) Economic Development Tour at 12 PM – featuring the area’s forestry and wildlife refuge initiatives, as well as a tour of the only football dome in Rural Arizona. Then stick around for the *highly-anticipated* Wednesday night Launch Party & Networking Event at 5:30 PM.
- August 8: Join us for Day 1 of the Main Conference at Round Valley High School, followed by a second group dinner party Thursday night.
- August 9: reconveine at Round Valley High School for Day 2 of the Main Conference before heading home for the weekend.
Find more about the 2019 Arizona Rural Policy Forum at azrdc.org/2019-rural-policy-forum.
See you there!
The Arizona Rural Development Council (AZRDC) is Arizona’s official, federally-recognized State Rural Development Council in the National Rural Development Partnership. State Rural Development Councils are composed of the agencies and organizations that play a part in developing the rural areas of their state. As a result, federal, regional, tribal, state and local governments, along with non-profits and for-profit sectors, all play an important role in the work of each council.
You can receive a full refund if canceled 1 month before the event (July 10).
You can receive up to a 50% refund if canceled 3 weeks before the event (July 17).
You can receive up to a 25% refund if you cancel 2 weeks before the event (July 24).
You will receive no refund if canceled one week before the event (July 31).
*Please note, tickets are transferable if you are no longer able to attend.