From the Association of Public & Land Grant Universities, “The Challenge of Change, Harnessing University Discovery, Engagement, and Learning to Achieve Food and Nutrition Security” has some staggering information as the world prepare for a 60% growth in food product by 2050.
This is a huge report, 152 pages to be exact. From the table of contents- The 7 Challenges for Public Universities to Address to Help Achieve Global Food and Nutrition Security –
- Challenge 1- Increase yields, profitability, and environmental sustainability, at the same time.
- Challenge 2- Develop the varieties and breeds needed for sustainable food systems
- Challenge 3- Decrease food loss and waste through more efficient distributions systems
- Challenge 4- Create and share resources that serve all populations (hey, we resemble that)
- Challenge 5- Ensure inclusive and equitable food systems
- Challenge 6- Address the fuel burdens of undernurtition and obesity to ensure full human potential
- Challenge 7- Insure a safe and secure food supply that protects and improves public health
To view the full report, click here.